• Encourage employment for women. Help increase positions at our partner factories that are held by women to 30%.
• Co-set up a women factory in Kolkata run by and for women by 2022
• All employees at our partner factories receive not a minimum, but a living wage.
• Provide bi-annual skills and education trainings to at least 25 employees of each of our partner factories in India (for example on human rights, labor rights, gender equality, sanitation or nutrition).
• Place orders every two months by 2020 to create steady and year round employment opportunities at our partner factories.
• Continue to support social projects in India related to women empowerment and education.
• 100% of energy used for own operations stems from renewable sources (achieved Q4 2019).
• Minimize CO2 emissions wherever possible, e.g. by using more sustainable raw materials, packaging or transportation methods.
• Become carbon neutral by offsetting remaining emissions by 2025.
• Reduce carbon emissions induced by shipping by 20% by 2020.
• Achieve carbon neutral shipping by 2020 (achieved Q4 2019).
• Calculate the environmental impact of an O My Bag and set up a strategy to reduce impact by 2020.
• Become a certified B Corp by the end of 2020 to demonstrate achievements, track performance and improve over time.
• Increase the circularity of O My Bag’s business model and its products, by
• Publish first annual report including goals and achievements by Q1 2020.
• Inform about the importance of fair fashion via website and social media.
• Achieve 100% traceability of our manufacturers’ direct suppliers and first level indirect suppliers (OMB Tier 2 and Tier 3 suppliers) by 2020. Achieve complete supply chain transparency by 2025.
• Be transparent about environmental impacts, share reduction targets and report on progress.
• Participate in round table discussions, lectures and fair fashion meet-ups over 20 times by 2025.
• Have a strong brand presence in all major cities around the world from Tokyo to Paris and from London to New York.
Curious how we are doing so far? Check out our impact below.
At O My Bag we strive to make a positive difference in the world. This report reflects on everything we worked on in 2019. Learn more about our ethical approach, the relationships with our partner factories and find out how we keep our environmental footprint low. Join us on our path towards fashion sustainability.
lives positively impacted with social projects in India
fair jobs provided by O My Bag’s producers in India
of harmful chemicals avoided per Dirty Harry
carbon neutral shipping
of our B2C packages are sent with a reusable RePack
of the water used in the tanning process is water collected during the monsoon season
bags given a second life through our second-hand program
renewable energy for our office and stores in Amsterdam and The Hague