What you'll do
- You will be responsible for implementing, monitoring and improving O My Bag’s sustainability roadmap over time.
- Bring theory on sustainable materials in practice: Sourcing of high quality and sustainable materials, such as fittings.
- Cultivating our relationships with suppliers and ensuring social and environmental standards along the supply chain is central to your job. You’ll drive transparency and traceability.
- Reducing our environmental footprint is one of your core responsibilities, you will steer this process and closely collaborate with our production and operations team. This also includes for example improving our Restricted Substance List.
- You are responsible to meet all our commitments regarding the Convenant Duurzame Kleding en Textiel we signed last year.
- You’ll improve our Due Diligence Process, this means you are responsible for assessing and managing potential risks and adverse impacts along our supply chain.
- O My Bag is becoming a B Corp. You’ll drive this process and improve the company’s sustainability score on all levels.
- You’ll organize and develop our Giving Back initiatives.
- With your knowledge and enthusiasm about sustainability, you will inspire and engage people within the company and beyond.
- You’ll write our annual Sustainability Reports and will be responsible for the content and development of our sustainability pages on the website.
- You will make our Living Wage and training project a success and drive positive social change along our supply chain.
- You understand the complexity of sustainability in general, but also in a corporate context.
- You have work experience preferably gained in an international environment.
- You are value-driven and sustainability is very close to your heart.
- You are proactive and don’t wait until someone tells you what to do.
- Hands-on mentality: You not only suggest changes, but also help implement them.
- You are a positive person and don’t give up easily, you can be very persistent.
- You have the ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Your intercultural competence is high, you enjoy dealing with different cultures.
- You have to be able to set priorities.
- You are hands on, flexible, immune to stress and not afraid of unforeseen deadlines.
- 3 years of working experience in a similar role, preferably in a start or scale up, or in the Production field.
- Working permit for the Netherlands.
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written.
- You are available full-time.
What we offer
- An opportunity to change the world! We not only make pretty bags, we’re generating real impact for people that live in poverty and we’re changing the leather and fashion industry.
- Maximum excitement! You will be working with a small and driven team that is fully engaged in supporting the high growth plans we have all across the globe, and with that increasing our positive impact.
- Great daily lunches with the team (once we can leave Covid-19 behind us)
- Salary indication: €2.400 - €2.700
- Start date: We’re looking for someone to start April 2021
How to apply
Sounds like fun? Please send your cover letter, CV and availability to email@example.com.
Qualified candidates will be contacted immediately for interviews. Referral letters, internships, volunteer work and side projects count. Just make sure we can see where you picked up your super powers somewhere in your cover letter or resume!
O My Bag values diversity. We especially encourage males, members of the LGBTQ+ community and people of color to apply.
In line with our goal to become a more diverse workplace, we post our vacancies on many different platforms in order to reach as many candidates as possible, especially outside of our own bubble.
We also started to employ the Rooney rule, meaning that our goal is that at least one candidate from an at O My Bag underrepresented group is asked to do an assignment and invited to an interview for each open position.
Moreover, our HR manager will forward application documents and assignments to the respective managers anonymously, to avoid any potential discrimination.