What you'll do
People & Culture
- Recruitment: we are a team of around 20, and with our growth ambitions we are continuously looking for new colleagues to join us at our HQ based in Amsterdam. It is your responsibility to make sure we hire the right people, matching our core values and adding value to the team. This includes a.o. creating and posting vacancies, searching, phone screens and facilitating a great candidate experience.
- HR management: you work on creating a great employee experience for our entire team, during all stages of their O My Bag career, such as: preparing and facilitating their onboarding, learning & development and offboarding.
- Employee engagement: managing tools like Officevibe, planning and arranging team events both internally and externally, working together with the Office Manager.
- HR administration: drafting contracts, processing changes, managing time off, keeping our Handbooks up to date in consultation with the rest of the team.
- Evaluations: you make sure the entire team is supported with the best tools and processes in order to evaluate each other and the company.
- Process optimization: is there anything that can be improved regarding HR? You are the go to person and get the chance to come up with ideas yourself to manage (new) HR processes and work on improving our efficiency and employee experience.
- You’re a people person: You are positive and approachable, a good listener and strong communicator.
- Taking care of others excites you, during the whole employee experience, and in both the good and difficult facets of it.
- You are proactive and hands-on, have a can-do mentality and always look for opportunities and are not afraid to bring in your own ideas.
- Your organization- and time management skills come in handy when working with deadlines and constantly changing priorities. A busy day full of ad-hoc to do’s gives you energy
- You can nail the O My Bag tone of voice, when working with and for the team and when communicating with external parties.
- You pay attention to detail. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, big or small. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- You're interested in improving the world of fair trade fashion.
- A University or HBO degree in Human resource management, social studies, business administration or similar.
- Preferably around 2 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of both English and Dutch language, both spoken and written.
- Good with systems, such as Microsoft Office package, Google, Dropbox, Notion etc.
What we offer
- Maximum excitement! You will be working with a driven and fun team, based in the heart of Amsterdam and joining in supporting that is fully engaged in supporting the high-growth plans we have all across the globe
- An opportunity to change the world. We not only make pretty bags, we’re generating real impact for people that live in poverty and we’re changing the leather and fair production industry.
- Shop discount & personal budget for bags that not only make you happy, but also the world around you.
- A big discount on a OneFit subscription and a ton of support from the team to stay fit
- Pension scheme with Brand New Day.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- 32 - 40 working hours/week.
How to apply
Sounds like fun? Please send your cover letter, CV and availability to email@example.com.
O My Bag values diversity. We especially encourage males, members of the LGBTQ+ community and people of color to apply.
In line with our goal to become a more diverse workplace, we post our vacancies on many different platforms in order to reach as many candidates as possible, especially outside of our own bubble.
We also started to employ the Rooney rule, meaning that our goal is that at least one candidate from an at O My Bag underrepresented group is asked to do an assignment and invited to an interview for each open position.
Moreover, our HR manager will forward application documents and assignments to the respective managers anonymously, to avoid any potential discrimination.