When Paulien and Jessica visited the workshop a few months ago they were lucky enough to join the tea party and taste it themselves. It was so delicious that we asked Kakali for her recipe and she was kind enough to share it with us. Are you hankering for a hot cup of chai now? Scroll down to read the recipe and get on cookin’.
Chai Tea ingredients
- Milk (2 cups)
- Water (2 cups)
- About 4 tablespoons if you like it the way The Loyal Workshop has it… Which is pretty sweet!
- Fresh Ginger (thumb sized piece)
- Chopped, then crushed in mortar & pestle
- Tea powder (2-3 heaped teaspoons)
Tea powder is the best, but if you can’t find this, loose tea leaves will do (put in more like 2 tablespoons though)
1. Pour the water and milk into a saucepan over high heat.
2. Add ginger and sugar and stir.
3. When the sugar has dissolved and begins to foam, add tea and take off heat for 30 seconds.
4. Place back on heat. When mixture foams again, lift from heat and allow to settle, then stir. Return to heat, and repeat 2-3 times.
5. Strain mixture through a sieve.
6. Pour into small cups and enjoy with friends